Yes! you got that right!.. I am definitely on the super late bandwagon to start falling in love with my Urban decay naked palette (-the first one) but I only recently got it and I am in awe… 😍… I know, I know everyone is talking about the Naked smoky palette, if not the vice4 palette and I’m here today to review and share my thoughts on the original naked palette. But maybe if your someone that doesn’t own it, you’ll be interested and if not you can always re-create my look!! 👍
I mean in all honestly I have tried a lot of two faced shadows, and even Cargo and a lot of drugstore and so didn’t think I was in need of this beautiful product.
To summarise, I feel as though from packaging to pigmentation, colour variety and most definitely the warmth of the colours in this palette is just outstanding.. every eyeshadow in this palette is shades that I would use and so in my opinion a staple palette that everybody should own, hence why I felt the need to give my opinions on it!
I love the warm browns, golds, pale shimmers in this palette, -especially the fact that you also have 2 fantastic matte blending shades, a brow and inner corner highlight shades and deeper shades for a smokey eye.
It is definitely a palette that can be used everyday and in so many different looks, so surely worth the investment.
I created a day-time appropriate look with this palette and then with the same look- turned it into a night time; subtle smokey eye look without the need to completely re-do my makeup.
I really did love the fact that I can use only this palette to create a complete look, which then makes it travel friendly and you can just carry a few single eyeshadow if you want a pop of colour.
How did I create the day time look?
I find this look suitable for everyday and even great for a lot of Indian/Pakistani occasions because we usually have some gold incorporated into our outfits that will definitely be perfect for this look!
Step by step process;
1) I used a mixture of ‘Naked’ and ‘buck’ in the crease- I used more ‘buck’ in the outer crease to deepen it
2) I then used ‘half baked’ on the majority of the lid. – This is such a beautiful gold pigmented rich eyeshadow that would be universally flattering on all skin tones!
3) I then used ‘Virgin’– a pale pink-ish shimmery colour to highlight the brow bone
4) I then added la girl liquid liner and added Primark lashes in juicy volume 02 (amazing and only £3!!)
5) and to finish off I used Max factor’s wild mega volume voluminising mascara for bottom lashes ( I don’t like to use mascara after putting fake lashes)
6) I then used Urban decay’s 24/7 liner in ‘Corrupt’– a dark brown eyeliner with small shimmer particles (which is not visible) in the waterline; a softer option for the day time. Super creamy long lasting pencils!! 👍
Above left and right – day time
below left and right- night time
How did I create the night look?
This was so simple and super quick!
1) I went in with ‘Gunmetal’– a dark grey-ish shade in the outer crease to deepen it for the smoke-y effect and then used the deeper gold/ bronze shade; ‘smog’ on the lid- and then just made sure to go in and perfect my eyeliner.
3) and then lastly I used urban decay’s All nighter eyeliner in perversion– a super dark black longlasting liner- to darken the waterline and that’s it!!
The longevity and non creasing properties of the eyeshadows are amazing and that’s when you really feel it is worth the investment of £38! -Especially when you really need your makeup to stay at a wedding or party for example and the fact that all the shades are wearable and you can see yourself using it a lot. ..Furthermore I just wanted to add that when paired alongside Urban decay’s eyeshadow primer potion your eye look will look just look as immaculate as it did when you first applied it, even after a long day of wear.👌That’s how good the primer is too (so maybe for your own wedding it is necessary 😆)..however even without the primer the eyeshadows are still very long lasting!
Hope you enjoyed my first tutorial here on my blog! ✌👍
Please like and follow my blog for more… 😆🌹
Thanks for reading!
*(some of the products in the post have been sent for review purposes but all opinions are a 100% honest and my own ✌)