When your using a foundation and time after time you realise how good it sits and wears on your skin is a testimony to how good a foundation is..and that’s how it’s been with the Loreal infallible matte 24h foundation.It’s almost like I fell in love with the foundation on first impressions and found it to look good everytime I used it…. I say that because some foundations look great on first impressions and then on second use you can’t get it to work or realise it looks terrible .. and ‘what was I thinking with that on my face’ thoughts..😯
so what does Loreal claim to deliver from this product?
Introducing New Infallible 24HR Matte Foundation by L’Oreal Paris. A matte result that lasts up to 24 hours. Clinically proven; waterproof, steamproof. All the comfort, none of the shine. Perfect coverage. No Cakey effect. Easy to apply, enriched with perlite technology, and reduces the appearance of shine up to 24 hours.
well does it live up to it’s claim? Let’s get into the details of the foundation and I’ll let you know my thoughts….
I bought this foundation in the darkest shade available which was honey and find it to be a perfect match (mac nc40 for reference). It’s unfortunate that there isn’t many deeper shades available in the UK..as usually loreal have a wide colour selection but not in this range.
This foundation is definitely geared for oily skin but because of it’s demi matte finish I think people with slightly dry skin could use it…making sure however that your skin is well moisturised.
I enjoy many factors from this foundation, a few points I have listed below to break it down for you.
1) it’s a lovely airy whipped creamy kind of consistency- not too runny or too thick.
2) with one layer, your skin is evened out and gives a natural finish which I love because it doesn’t look like I’m wearing makeup ( or a lot of makeup 😜)
3) the foundation is very build-able and in my opinion could be built up to a medium to full coverage.
4) Given that it gives incredible coverage it doesn’t feel too heavy on the skin!
5) 2 layers of this foundation for me is almost full coverage – if I was to wear more than that it would look like a mask!
6) I have combination skin…so sometimes I get dry patches but as long as skin is well prepped and hydrated then the foundation doesn’t cling onto patches. BUT if you have severe dry skin and usually use very moisturising foundations then this will definitely be too drying. However using a wet sponge/beauty blender does help if you have dry skin, it won’t accentuate your dry skin as much.
7) I love the packaging. ..squeeze-y tube with a small nib allows us to control the amount of product being dispensed.
8) I absolutely love the demi-matte finish. ..doesn’t look as flat as other matte foundations!
9) it is very long wearing- I can get atleast 9-10hrs of wear from it. * not sure about 24hr! (don’t wear makeup all day 😛)
10) it sets to a demi-matte powder finish so no powder is required to set the foundation.I usually set my foundation out of habit and so that I don’t get an oily t-xone but I actually forget to do a light setting of powder with this foundation because of the dry non-sticky finish to the skin!
11) I find that my blush and bronzer stay on well because of the infallible properties of the foundation and love coming from a long night out to see that my makeup still looks pretty good!…
12) and lastly it definitely lives up to it’s claims that it matifys the skin, keeping it shine free! it also doesn’t get cake-y when I apply two layers ( were as some foundations can get cakey).
13) the only downside is that I would have preferred if the shade honey had more of a yellow undertone because it definitely is more of a neutral undertone and so I may have to get a shade lighter to mix with as it does oxidise on me a bit…however it doesn’t look bad and I can still can make it work.
So all in all, a well loved and trusted foundation that won’t let me down, will stay on in the heat and doesn’t feel too heavy…
I have so many foundations and have almost used more than half because of using it on a daily basis, surely it’s made it to my top high street foundations! love it!:)
ref: left- Loreal infallible stay fresh foundation fights makeup meltdown 24hrs vs right Loreal infallible 24hr matte – mattifying infallible foundation
Next I thought I would compare it to the original/dewy version of the Loreal infallible 24hr foundation, seeing as they are from the same range. This foundation is definitely better for those that have dry skin and is more moisturising and the consistency is slightly more runny and of a typical foundation consistency. It provides a good medium coverage and is also build-able and doesn’t feel too heavy on the skin.
It claims to allow the skin to stay looking fresh and as this is also from the infallible range the foundation lasts pretty well considering it has a more dewy finish (around 7-8 hours without getting shiny) but I just prefer the finish of the demi matte version. Also with this version you need to powder atleast the t zone and lightly set the face for optimum longevity… I still think it’s a good foundation and use it on days my skin is dehydrated and dry which is usually in the winter but right now I do prefer the demi matte version.
The packaging with this is great too…glass bottle which isn’t as travel friendly but is compensated with a fantastic pump. I think it looks rather nice in a square, sleek bottle.😆 (sucker for nice packaging!)
I picked up the shade honey in this too and it is an ok match, (however this is a tad bit too light but the next shade darker- golden was too yellow/orange- I believe this was either the darkest shade or 2nd darkest shade available).But regardless I can still make it work!
So that’s it for this review, hope to give you an insight and some thoughts on this product as this should be a perfect time to use this foundation as who doesn’t want long lasting bases + sweat proof especially in the summer!!
p.s be sure to see a series of foundation reviews..next up as comparison between 2 foundations!- maybelline vs physicians formula:) so it’s time to follow my blog if you haven’t😆
plus let me know in the comments if you have tried it and your thoughts?
Thanks for reading!